Sunday, August 16, 2009

Of the talkative kind

Its been a really really long time since I have had a conversation with someone. A meaningful conversation. Not just small talk. But good, really good conversation. Stimulating.

I have just realized it is so important to be able to communicate effectively. Not talk, but communicate. And that includes listening.

There are very few people I know with whom I can carry on a conversation. Probably 2 or 3.
Makes you wonder, life is nothing but a long, really long conversation with yourself. Others just jump in and out of it. Amazingly, if you do try to talk to yourself, it is extremely gratifying. It may seem strange, self-absorbed, inane, or just stupid. but nevertheless, doing it, introspecting, and just generally keeping in touch with "I" really helps. But thats just me. 

At least I know I can never be truly bored.

No comments: