Friday, February 12, 2010

About time, you know

This post was bound to come sooner or later. Everybody has been talking, blogging, twittering, tumblring about it. Yes ladies and gentlemen, I am talking about SNOWMAGEDDON. Or Snopocalypse. Or whatever inane Brangelina sort of word-play the media can collectively come up with. First, the obligatory photos:

(Cannot upload photos which are on my home computer at work - should have known better.)* There will be an update. Till then enjoy this.

Information overload at its best (I realize that I am, by virtue of writing this post, contributing to the aforementioned overload, but, by writing this (by the second this, I mean the bracketed statement) I am nullifying my contribution)*. Whatever.

What I want to say is this: God Almighty, I remember asking for a miracle of nature to occur a few times in the past (papers due, exams for which I had not studied, etc.)*. What I did not expect is you shower me with all my requests at once. There is something called timing, God. And you being the Almighty (and other such titles that we mortals have lovingly (and sometimes fearfully) bestowed upon you)* should know a little about timing. You invented the concept, if I recall correctly. I did not ask for 6 snow days. In theory it does sound wonderful; but when you live in a city that acts like a 6 year old girl whenever there is a dark shadow in the sky, you get to be part of an age-old TV show called House Arrest (there is a reason you do not remember this show)*. House Arrest (show and my situation)* was, is and will never be as cool as its name. 

Rant over.

P.S.: I know I abuse parentheses. I think they need love.

No comments: