Saturday, February 20, 2010

Emails

Writing is therapeutic. I write when I am lonely. I write when I cannot communicate through spoken words. When talking is just not enough.

My family has been extremely good at written communication. We email each other back and forth, and there is some solace in knowing that I can go back and read an email from my mom in the middle of the night when I miss her.

I go to my inbox and read emails I wrote when I started university. I see how much I have changed and matured as a person. How my writing style has improved. How the topics that I choose to write about and share have changed. What has remained constant is the steady, strong and regular response I got and still get from my parents. It has always been the same - encouragement, motivation, advise and unconditional love.

No comments: